Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Well, I'm divorced. Er, dissolved?!?!

I guess that's the big news. I'm divorced. Or dissolved? Since it was a Civil Union they call it a dissolution but that just sounds even odder than saying divorced.

If you have no idea what I'm talking about you can view my original post about this subject.

And I guess it really all happened about a month ago. Remember that paper I got saying it was filed? Well, filed meant completely done as well.

I had been calling to check on the status and finally got someone today. All done.

Wow!

No extra papers requested? No serving the other party? No questions from the judge regarding custody since that wasn't allowed with this filing? Nope.

Someone finally had the sense just to understand it and go on. Yay for the battle but it is a strange feeling.

A friend also told me today I'm officially her first divorced friend. Ugh. Never thought that would be me.

In fact, what do you do with news like this? Even the ex asked if I was going to celebrate.

Celebrate what? A relationship that ended 6 years ago? A failed marriage? Hardly seems appropriate.

I guess what this makes me is more single than I already was. That's about it.




3 comments:

  1. I was gonna make a "chin up/it's all good/now your're just more awesomely free and/or available as you want to be" comment ....but then I saw the little sign at the end. That kind of sums it all up!! So, today is the first day of the rest of your life! Woohoo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Didn't mean to upset you... didn't really know what to do with that info either. I guess I have chosen view it as another stepping stone to have the same rights as straight couples. Hopefully it will just get easier for all of us in the fight for equal rights. I never wanted to be 40 and divorced either. Life happens, just proves that we are no different than straight couples.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww! Nobody wants to be a divorcee, but it happens. Don't let it break you down. Just imagine what would've happened if you kept trying to push it any further. It would really be inappropriate to celebrate a failed marriage, but maybe you should try to look at it from another point of view. That should help. By the way, I love the quote at the end of the post. Be well and do well! :)

    Eric Risk

    ReplyDelete