Saturday, September 27, 2014

In My Own Skin...


It has been an on going process for far too many years to get to where I feel like I fit in my own skin. With my birthday a week away it has been on my mind more lately than usual.

What am I getting at? Well, it's hard to explain but I'm talking about the process of being me and being comfortable with who I am. I don't mean that just as in my body but I mean more like I'm more okay today than ever with who I am. I embrace most of my quirks and weirdness. I'm okay putting bugs on my nose and well, if you don't get that I'm fine with that, too. I am okay with being silly even when others are looking. I'm more okay now with having my own opinions. Yes, I know some of you will find it shocking that I ever had any reluctance in sharing my opinion. It's true though. I would over think that and even after sharing wonder why I dared to open my mouth.

I've come to terms with being me. Sounds like it would be something so normal to do but I think that people may struggle with this. I can't really be the only one, right? It takes effort and time and acceptance. Heck, I'm still working on that myself. But it's taken me getting to the 40 mark to get that. Wow.

No comments:

Post a Comment